What's New at Team Junqueira
First off, welcome to our new blog page! We are going to be posting updates about the academy, videos of our team drilling and training, technique reviews, upcoming events, and much more. So, be sure to check back often.
Since moving to our new location in August and launching our new web site in October, we have had a ton going on. Some highlights below:
- Moved to our new location in Wexford, PA in August. We have a multi-year lease and aren't moving again any time soon!
- Launched new web site mid-October.
- Kid's graduation mid-October where several students received stripes on their belts.
- The kid's class continues to grow and there are now more than 25 children in our program.
- Purple belt student, Josh Sroka, competed at the Western PA Grappling tournament and took 3rd place in his weight class.
- Wednesday and Friday open mats continue to be PACKED with students and you will often find 2 or 3, sometimes 4 black belts rolling with the team. Talk about opportunity to learn!
- New student registration continues to climb. We have several new men and women joining our academy, so if you're thinking of stopping by - come on over and see what's up.
- Rodrigo's professor from Brazil, Paulao Rezende, visited our academy for a seminar on November 11th and promoted Rodrigo to 3rd degree black belt.
- Also promoted at the seminar was Josh Burtia. Josh received his black belt and is Rodrigo's 4th student to be promoted to black belt.
- Saturday and Sunday classes have been alternating frequently between gi and no-gi to keep things fresh for the students and to expose everyone to as many styles of jiu-jitsu as possible.
If you are considering jiu-jitsu, there is no better time than right now! Swing by the academy, come watch a class or an open mat and say what's up! Hope to see you soon.